2captcha

Your Blessings


Toilet paper…mmmm…well I was reading the packaging! This particular brand was made with recycled paper, and with a percentage of sales proceeds going to third world water projects—but it was the catchy brand name that got my attention! 



(sorry, I’d better not print it) I am a bit of a sucker for packaging and good marketing skills, I find it interesting, I know I’m being sold something, yet I appreciate that the seller has done a good job. Advertising is powerful tool, because it feeds ideas and possibilities into our mind. Funny, how we often tell someone to ‘be mindful’ about a situation or circumstance. We mean, be careful, consider things, take various factors into consideration…think about it, thepossible options and outcomes. It’s a bit of a reminder of the power of our mind! What we are dwelling on, thinking about, the way we are seeing things in our life affects our decisions, our behaviour, and our reactions to people and life situations. All kinds of thoughts and scenarios invade our mind, and it can be busy up there! Advertisers know the power or suggestion, repetition, packaging, or the presentation of facts in a certain way designed to influence our thinking and therefore our choices. Obviously, we are absorbing all kinds of information, filtering it, and making our choices. Actually, it’s an amazingly powerful gift, this power of choice…but so is being ‘mindful’. Yes, we can choose what we are thinking about…